Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Task two questions

I'm interested in writing about one of my two grandmothers.

Why are you interested in these subjects?
    I'm interested in writing both of these subjects because of my grandmothers grew up in the 1950's and early 1960's. Around this time was segregation.
     
What makes him/her interesting and unique?
        What makes one of my grandmothers interesting is that she grew up in Mississippi and had to pick cotton and go to school.  And my other grandmother had to teach herself her homework because her mother past away when she was 12 and she had eight other siblings and their Big Mama had to raise all of them.

What sort of questions would you ask and why?
        I would ask both of my grandmothers how it felt not being able to have other friends besides their own race.

What sort of problems do you think may arise for Task Two?
           I think the sort of problems I might have is coming up with questions to ask my subject.

What do you anticipate? Why?
      I anticipate that this will be a hard but interesting paper. Because I never had to interview someone for a paper but also it would be interesting because both my grandmother's tells interesting stories.

What questions do you have for Task Two?
            I don't understand how to turn my interview questions into a story for the paper.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerann,

    I can understand your curious state about formatting questions into an interview. This is the wonderful process of writing. We will get there :) No need to worry. Think of this task assignment in stages:

    1) Select your subject.
    2) Identify a focus.
    3) Brainstorm questions.
    4) Conduct the interview.
    5) Write the story.

    It sounds like you have selected a subject. Now we need to identify a focus. You mention that your grandmother grew up in Mississippi and that segregation existed. Since this task paper is about another subject's views on education, it may be interesting to talk to your grandmother about this experience and how it affected her education.

    Let me know what you think.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete