Thursday, September 2, 2010

Letter of Introduction

Introduction Letter:


My name is Jerann White and graduate from Belton High School. My freshman year of college I went to Longview Community College in Lee Summit. Therefore, I’m a transfer student and this is my sophomore year at college. My intended major is anesthesiologist nursing. If I ever decide to change my major, I would like to do culinary. Also, open a bakery, like the television show “Cake Boss.”

I’m from Kansas City, Missouri. I graduated from Belton High School in 2009. I cheered all four years in high school. I was in DECA for two years. My senior year about seven girls and myself went to New York on a DECA conference with the DECA sponsors, who happen to be my cheer coaches. It was a great experience. I didn’t find myself in class like I should have been. I had work release. Therefore, I was only at school for half a day. My English class was not a normal class. All we did was watch movies and talk about them. We do a lot of writing.

When I went to college, my English class was mostly about grammar and a little writing. The problems I have with writing are the thesis statement and doing transitions into other paragraphs. However, I have no problem with coming up with ideas. I also like to write poems when I get a chance. I also like to read books outside of class. I don’t like reading aloud because I have low self teem about reading n front of other people. I’m excited to see what this year will bring me in this class.

3 comments:

  1. HI Jerann,

    Thank you for sharing. What is it about thesis statements that confuse you?

    I find similarities between thesis statements and movie trailers. It is a preview of what the paper is going to be about. For instance if you are writing a task paper about why your mom is significant. Think of at least three reasons why she is significant. Three concrete reasons.

    1)
    2)
    3)

    Think of a thesis statement in phases. Here you may outline three reasons why your mother is significant. Develop them from there.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a problem with coming up how to write the thesis statement. I don't know how to combine everything into one pargraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerann,

    That is something we can work on during this week of revision. It might help to visit the CAS (e.g. tutoring) or set up an appointment with me.

    I would suggest writing your paper (e.g. the body paragraphs and then writing the introduction last).

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete