Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why I'm at College

Why I’m at College
I’m at college because I wanted to continue my education as a young African American. In addition, I want to be successful in life. The way our economic is, you have to have a degree in a field that you know would have a guarantee job opening for you. I also chose college because I didn’t want to work a low paying job all my life. I’m at college because I didn’t want to go into the service or get a job and pay bills yet. I guess I’m in college because I wasn’t ready to grow up completely. I still wanted to learn new things that someone who teaches it is passionate about what they teach others.  I love to learn new things and being able to use them to help other people. College is a great place to help continue learning with other people who want the same thing.
I was rather forced to go to college. My parents told my younger sisters and I that we had to either go to college or join the service. They said that they wanted us to be successful and live a life without financial problems. They’re not the only reason I decided to go to college. I also wanted to get a job that will help people.  I decided to be an anesthesiologist nurse. Getting a job in the medical field is a guarantee job that I know will always have an opening.  I always wanted to have a job that is in the medical filed because I love to help people.    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerann,

    I'm happy that you have decided to attend college. It sounds like this may be something you would like to continue for Task Three. Are you? If so, what different essays could you share in regard to your experience? What stands out in my mind right away is Botstein or Bird, because they each discuss why others have chosen to attend college.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete