Monday, November 1, 2010

Task Three

      
          The same as the students in Kozol book "Save Inequalities: Children in America's School", the inner city school I attended was mostly nonwhite. In addition, the school conditions were the same as well. I had to go to a school that had heat but wouldn't turn it on because they thought the students would stay awake during class. As the same as in the high schools in "Save Inequalities: Children in America's School", our school had students that had to live in the "ghetto" or the "dead zone".   They were the students that the teachers had no hope for.    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerann,

    I'm glad that you have identified your focus and text that you intend to use for this task paper. I hope that our conversation was helpful yesterday. What I will be interested to hear is your personal experiences connected to Kozol's. Can you tell me more about the schools you attended?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete