Monday, November 29, 2010

Response to "Literacy Autobiography"

Response to “Literacy Autobiography”
            My present educational story is not a good one.  I have been in school ever since I graduated high school. I was kind of forced to continue my education by my parents. My mother told me I had no other choice. I really didn’t want to start college right away. I wanted to just work and travel the states. But that is not okay with my parents.  College is not was I expected, I thought it would be a little easier. I had a couple of classes that I didn’t do so well in.  During the time I thought I was doing well, but I wasn’t. My mom was not happy about the classes I didn’t do well in.  She told me to straighten up or find somewhere to live.
            I have learned that I need to start studying harder. And not try to be like my friends, who didn’t attend college and just lived at home with no job. I also learned that college is going to get harder as I take more classes. I have time to actually decide what I want to do. I have gained that you have to be successful with what you love to do. My views changed only a little bit on education and college. My ability of doing school homework has been a challenged. Not having a very affected high school experience, I have a hard time during simple school work. So whether college is for me or not, I will always have education experiences in my life.     

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerann,

    I have a sense that college is more pressure on you from your parents' perspective. Am I correct? If so, are you happy right now and satisfied with how you are doing?

    If you remember Bird's essay, often we enroll in college because of outside pressure, that also including parents. I hope that you are here on your own free will.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete